Popcorn poppin' on the apricot tree...
Apricot blossom adorns the tree
Like fairy petticoats pink and white
Peacock butterfly and bumble bee
Gather sustenance for their flight.
-unknown
**************************************
I love it when the apricot trees blossom. They are really one of the first harbingers of spring. The other day as I was walking past our apricot trees, the humming of the bees was so loud I thought it was the engine of a machine. I just stood in awe, watching them at their work flying from blossom to blossom. This year there were quite a few honey bees at work. We've been a bit shy of them for the past couple of years. I was very glad to see them again.
**************************************
The flowers of late winter and early spring
occupy places in our hearts
well out of proportion to their size.
-Gertrude S. Wister
Have a lovely spring day!
And Happy Birthday to Preston!

No comments:
Post a Comment